Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Map Contest
March Map Contest

The Map Contest is as the name suggest--a map contest. Contestants submit up to 2 maps for judgment and at the end of the month we declare the winner.

Every month we will be hosting this contest and the judges will be Don Patch and I.

.::RULES::.
-One contestant can enter up to two maps
-Maps cannot have any content breaking the rules (i.e. swearing)
-Group entries can be submitted, but the group must run it by one of the judges that they are entering as a group before they submit anything
-No interior maps
-Maps can be any size
-Maps must be submitted in-thread and not by PM
-These maps are not up for judgment or rating by anyone other than the judges
-Maps must be 1:1 scale (the size they would appear in-game)
-RPG/Sphere/etc as well as ROMHacked Maps are allowed

Let the maps be entered!
Information 
Entrie #1. (I resized it because it was really big)

Snowy Route
[Image: IcerouteScralet-1.png]

Entrie #2.

Rainash City
[Image: Rainash.png]

Smile
~For the first shot, make it 1:1 scale.

~For the second map:
Nice, but maybe you should replace some of the pink and white ground tiles with some flowers, and you should vary the shap of the puddles.

8.5/10
[Image: nothingforthesecondlasttime.png]

the one marz rated 9.5 xP.

I'll post the second one later.

edit: second one:

[Image: newmaps.png]
I give map one a 7.5 nd I give map two an 8. You already know how I feel about map 1 and about map two, it is a pretty good map, but a bit square.
Soo... who is the winner?
Your snowy route looks plain your other one 7.5 JakachuyMaps map 1: 8.5 map 2: 9.0 I'd say JakachuyMaps won.
Foofatron, you are not allowed to rate maps. Ony Marz and I can, as we are the judges.

Speaking of which, Marz still needs to rate some of the maps.
Don Patch Wrote:Foofatron, you are not allowed to rate maps.

Exacly... And if I would rate map, I would put a longer critic for my maps and Jakachuy.
March ends tonight! Who wins?
Don Patch Wrote:Foofatron, you are not allowed to rate maps. Ony Marz and I can, as we are the judges.

Speaking of which, Marz still needs to rate some of the maps.

I was giving my opianon on the maps doesn't mean it has to count.
Also whats the piont in having two people vote (more like one) everyone should be able to vote.
All right everyone. I've saved all my ratings just for the talk between Don and I tonight/tomorrow.

Now, I'll be contacting Don Patch today, and next time he makes contact with me, we will have the judging finished (most likely). The winner will be announced latest April 3rd.

Thank you for your patience, and good luck to all mappers!

EDIT: Okay, me and Don found two winners. We couldn't decide who should win, so we're having a Map Off.

A Map Off is when 2 or more winners of the Map Contest make one map and this one should be their best, since it's the one that will decide if they win or not. So, without further ado, time to announce the two winners, and two Map Off contestants.

Vavavant and JakachuyMaps! Congratulations. You both have to make 1 Map by the end of this week (April 7th), make it your best!
Marz, May I have 2 extra days, as I am out of town and do not have the tileset currently?
He is on a vaction in Cal.Thats where I was born!But then I moved to Massachusetts.
JakachuyMaps Wrote:Marz, May I have 2 extra days, as I am out of town and do not have the tileset currently?

Yes, if it's those circumstances, then you may.