HackerCross Forums
Mapper's Lounge - Printable Version

+- HackerCross Forums (http://hackercrossforums.createmyBB.com)
+-- Forum: Art Work and Graphics (http://hackercrossforums.createmyBB.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+--- Forum: Maps (http://hackercrossforums.createmyBB.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Mapper's Lounge (/showthread.php?tid=45)

Pages: 1 2

Mapper's Lounge - Don Patch - 03-13-2007

The mapper's lounge is a place to show off 1-4 maps at a time. Users can also rate your maps, so if you don't want your map to be rated, then don't post it.

~El Rules~
-- 1.) No posting screenshots

-- 2.) No blantantly yelling "ThiS maP Sux0rZ!" or "TiHS maP R0xS0rz!" Please give a reason why you (dis)liked it

-- 3.) Don't rate your own map. It just isn't polite

-- 4.) Give credit where credit is due

-- 5.) No posting anyone else's maps

-- 6.) Give a name to your map (Not a requirement, but would be nice)

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Marz - 03-13-2007

What do you mean "No posting screenshots"? Isn't that how you showcase your maps or do you mean we have to put a link to them?

RE: Mapper's Lounge - xXscytherXx - 03-13-2007

He doesn't want you posting little pictures. He means the whole thing.

RE: Mapper's Lounge - dreemXweever - 03-13-2007

That's what screen shots are though...oh wait.. im lying.
yeah.. Im guessing he means screenshots as in a 80x80 square showing your OW walking around a map. Just taking a wild guess.

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Vavavant - 03-13-2007

[Image: Rainash.png]

Rainash City

RE: Mapper's Lounge - dreemXweever - 03-13-2007

Hm. Thats a pretty good map right there. I love the puddles.. (ponds? puddles? idk?)
anyway, its pretty good. Love to see you come up with some more maps.
the only thing I'd suggest is use more of that negative (tree infested) space

RE: Mapper's Lounge - foofatron - 03-13-2007

Show that with D/P grapgics and it would be awsome.Looks good.

RE: Mapper's Lounge - xXscytherXx - 03-13-2007

Pretty good. I like it... really big though...

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Marz - 03-13-2007

Ah Vavavant, great map. I love the fact that you take the time to actually put in various grass tiles, most people don't. Love the types of house roofing you're using, big and spacious is a plus, although not liking the ponds, or at least don't make them appear so often. Keep them on the minimal, well I'd do that anyway. Is there anyway to take out the grid? It sort of ruins a map screen. Good work anyways, I give it a 9/10

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Don Patch - 03-14-2007

Nice, but maybe you should replace some of the pink and white ground tiles with some flowers, and you should vary the shap of the puddles.

8.5/10

RE: Mapper's Lounge - JakachuyMaps - 03-14-2007

[Image: nothingforthesecondlasttime.png]

Ugh, Marz's home is the name I guess?

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Marz - 03-14-2007

o.O;; My home...?

Well, it's nice. I like the glacier feel up there in the north. You got accepted into HackerCross with that map, so it's gotta be pretty good. There is still some minor mapping errors that perfectionist like me would suggest changing, but since I am a perfectionist, I'll give your map 9.5/10

RE: Mapper's Lounge - Vavavant - 03-14-2007

Ummm...

Bad Stuff:

#1. There is too much plain spaces
#2. The ice is tiled wrong
#3. The ice is not even high (The snow is form on a high place)
#4. This is a simple edit of " Four Island " (Sevii Islands)
#5. How are we supposed to enter on the island (Strong Current, no shipyard)
#6. The path is incomplete
#7. That map is created in Advanced Map

Good Stuff:

#1. The shape of the island is good (More Four Island-ish)

RE: Mapper's Lounge - JakachuyMaps - 03-14-2007

I agree about the ice, it needs much work, but the rest, if you mess with it, you'll most likely do something that upsets it.

And it was made in Advancemap, not paint Tongue.
Edit:

[Image: newmap.png]

I call it what used to be mauville but was then blanked then made using cool tiles.

RE: Mapper's Lounge - dreemXweever - 03-15-2007

Hmm.. I like that one better than your previous, it has very good use of the new tiles you have. One thing i'd advise is keep your buildings to one theme, the one little house not made out of wood kind of sets everything else off, unless its supposed to be that way. One more thing is alternate your ground tiles.. its kind of bland looking at the same patter over and over again.
otherwise its good! Smile
I give this map a 9/10

EDIT: you might wanna give the town an entrance area.. two rocks on either side of the grass where you enter, no grass, e.t.c.